Events in Kouvola
There is a lot happening in Kouvola. Will you be swetting it out at Tykkimäki Actionpark, enjoying a concert or just relaxing at a christmas market?
Share on social mediaShare this page on Twitter. The link opens a new browser window where the sharing takes place. Share this page on Facebook. The link opens a new browser window where the sharing takes place. Share this page on VKontakte. The link opens a new browser window where the sharing takes place. Share this page on LinkedIn. The link opens a new browser window where the sharing takes place.
Kouvola has something for everyone. Check the list below and mark your calendar!
Pato Klubi Club
A few examples of the events in 2021
(to be confirmed)
19-22 May KUULAS theatre event for children. Kuusankoskitalo
19 June Kymi GP – international trotting race event. Kouvola Trotting track
2-3 July Rock In The City , Halkotori
7 August Wiipurintie Market. Kasarminmäki
20 August Night of the Arts in the city centre
21 August Art for Children
14-22 August Alvar Aalto-week
13-14 August Koria Roll, Rock Festival
11-12 September Local Food Fair. Elimäki
Kouvola around Christmas 2021
There is always plenty happening around the city to get you into the Christmas spirit. Here are a few excerpts from the selection of events in .
- The traditional opening of the Christmas period takes place on 27th November. The parade, starting at 11.00, will travel through the centre of Kouvola. There will be programme at the shopping centre Manski between 11.40 - 13.00. At shopping centre Hansa, you can have yourself photographed with Santa and his wife. At the pedestrian street Manski you will find Christmas market stalls.
- 28th November at 12.00, Christmas Event at the Museum Quarter. The start of the Advent Season will be declared in several languages from the balcony of the Radio Museum. You can meet Santa Claus at the "Korukivikerho" (Ornamental Stone Club). Rice porridge will be served at the Scouts' House, all shops and workshops are open.
- 28th November at 17.30, Children's Declaration of Christmas Peace at Ankkapurha Culture Park in Anjala. There is f.ex. a Christmas procession with points of activity
- 12th December from 11.00 - 17.00, Animals' Christmas and Campfires Event at the Trotting Track of Kouvola. You can see horses and ponies, bunnies, sheep, pigs and chickens. Dozens of vendors of handicrafts and delicacies. Tales of the forest fauna. Santa Claus is present and will listen to your wishes; you can even slip your list into Santa's mailbox. The event is free of charge.
- The Mustila Christmas Shop is open from 1st Nov. to 23rd Dec.You will find the shop beside the Mustila Wine Shop, now also at the old school of Mustila (address: Alppiruusuntie 99).
Kouvola Culture Houses have a large selection of events (information in Finnish only).