The Church of Valkeala

The Church of Valkeala

The Valkeala church was designed by architects Armas Lindgren and Bertel Liljeqvist. The plastered brick church with towers was completed in 1927. The old bell tower dates from 1782. The altarpiece by A. G. Thitz, Ristiltä otto (The Taking Down from The Cross) dates from 1820.

The Valkeala church was designed by architects Armas Lindgren and Bertel Liljeqvist. The plastered brick church with towers was completed in 1927.

The old bell tower dates from 1782. The altarpiece by A. G. Thitz, Ristiltä otto (The Taking Down from The Cross) dates from 1820. The Kangasala organ dates from 1977. There are 650 seats in the church.

During the summer, the church is open for tourist 6.6.-12.8.2016 Mon-Fri 11-15.

.

Contacts

Kalevantie 5
45370 Valkeala