The Church of Sippola

The Church of Sippola

The Sippola church is the main church of Anjalankoski parish. The church building, built of red bricks, was completed in 1879.

It was designed by the architect C.J. von Heidecken from Turku. The church represents Gothic Revival style.

The owner of the Sippola (of those times) court Alexander Leonard von Daenh took part in the construction project by donating a land area for the church and money for the building costs. The altarpiece, painted by Aleksandra Såltin, depicts the Christ's Transfiguration.

The Church of Sippola

Sippolantie 16
46710 Sippola