The Church of Iitti

The Church of Iitti

The Iitti church, standing right in the center of the prettiest village in Finalnd, was built in 1693. This cross-shaped wooden structure is a priceless monument of Finnish architecture. Only 15 wooden churches of the period are left in the whole country.

The Iitti church, standing right in the center of the prettiest village in Finland, was built in 1693. This cross-shaped wooden structure is a priceless monument of Finnish architecture. Only 15 wooden churches of the period are left in the whole country. The external walls of the church were first painted red in the early 19th century and, since then, the colour now known as "Iitti Red' has been a characteristic feature of the church.

The Church of Iitti

Iitintie 846
47520 Iitti